QueryTracker Blog

Helping Authors Find Literary Agents

Monday, October 26, 2009

Wassup?


The five QT blog authors have had a great couple of months. Our subscribership here on the QT Blog continues to grow as does the membership on the new and improved main Querytracker site, which now features book publishers in addition to agents.

Most of my posts on this blog are industry related, but today I've decided to bring it closer to home and give you the lowdown on wassup with the QT Blog authors.


Suzette Saxton accepted an offer of representation from Brendan Deneen of FinePrint Literary Management. The project that resulted in the offer is a dark middle-grade mystery called Secret Sisters. Suzette is as amazing as her writing, so this news is the cause of great celebration around here. Congrats, Suz! More about Suzette and her projects can be found on her website and blog.

Elana Johnson's ebook, From the Query to the Call, was released recently--further evidence that she truly is the Query Ninja. Elana will be a guest speaker at the 2010 LDS StoryMakers Conference (Check out the impressive list of folks on the list with her). I love Elana's blog which is a great mix of humor and information. Info on her projects can be found on her website.

Carolyn Kaufman has been busy with final edits on her non-fiction manuscript, NERVOUS BREAKDOWNS AND PSYCHOPATHIC KILLERS: The Writer's Guide to Psychology, represented by Kate Epstein of The Epstein Literary Agency. The book is being published by Quill Driver Books. I've had the honor of reading the edits for the final draft, and the book is an outstanding resource for writing, as is Carolyn's website, Archetype: The Fiction Writer's Guide to Psychology, which has a useful Q&A section where you can ask your own psychology/writing questions. She also has a companion blog. Suzette, Elana, Heather, Pat and I want to give a special shout out to Carolyn for all her hard work as blog administrator and for creating the new look of the QT Blog.

Heather Dyer's women's fiction, The Edge of Memory, represented by Katherine Boyle of the Veritas Literary Agency is on submission with publishers. Heather has a terrific blog and I'm always humbled when I think about the fact she juggles her job as a doctor with writing. She must have found a way to squeeze more hours into the day.

As for me, (Mary Lindsey) my young adult paranormal romance, Soul Purpose, represented by Joan Paquette of the Erin Murphy Literary Agency, is on submission with publishers. Fingers crossed. I'm working on a middle grade fantasy/mystery and am hoping to nail down the first 50k of an adult paranormal during NaNoWriMo.

So, that's what we've been doing. How about you? Let us know wassup in the comments.

Have a great week!

Mary



13 comments:

Stina said...

Congrats, Suzy, on your big news! I'm so excited for you. *does happy dance*

Good luck all of you on your submissions and projects. I'm looking forward to see what comes next. And thanks a thousand times for all your work on the great blog. :D

Corey Schwartz said...

Wow! You are all awesome. Congrats! I'm represented by Kendra Marcus and I'm out on sub with my PB, THREE NINJA PIGS.

Elizabeth Lynd said...

I really enjoy this blog, find it useful and entertaining, and it's wonderful to see such positive updates on the contributors' careers. Congratulations to all of you, and wishes for terrific contracts and outstanding sales! And thank you for a great blog.

Patrick said...

Knowing these women, I can attest that they are an amazing group of talented and hardworking writers, and I am very pleased to see that they are getting the recognition that they have earned and deserve. Well done ladies.

Amanda Bonilla said...

Can't think of five better people for these good things to happen to! Each and every one of you has supported and encouraged me over the last year. Congrats! And Thank you!

Marsha said...

Yay QT Blog writers! Thanks for all the great advice and support you give those of us who toil away in isolation (now I've made it sound like I'm a hermit or something).

I've got a book coming out next week (Nov 4) called '24 Hours London'. If anyone's coming to London in the near future and looking for a slightly different take on the city, it's available on Amazon and from www.prosperapublishing.co.uk (with free shipping)!

Thanks again QT Blog!

Mary Lindsey / Marissa Clarke said...

Thank you and good luck with your books, Corey and Marsha! Thanks for the kind words, Mandy, Stina and Elizabeth. And Pat, we love you too. :)

Annie Louden said...

You are all so awesome and inspiring. I'm glad you're all finding success!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Wow, Suzette CONGRATS! And I agree with Annie, you're all awesome and inspiring!

Anonymous said...

This is a great update on all of you!

It's no wonder how great and productive things are going for each of you because you're all wonderful and EVER so helpful to people like me!

I hope you continue on with more ambitions and success because you all are soooo worth it! I'll cheer you on every step of the way! =D

Sherrie Petersen said...

Wow, great news for everyone! Don't mind me as I bump elbows, trying to soak up some of your fairy dust :)

Unknown said...

Congrats to everyone - it's so nice to hear about positive things happening for people. I love this blog.

Suzette Saxton said...

Thank you all so much! I get a boost each time I read this. You are the BEST!