QueryTracker Blog

Helping Authors Find Literary Agents

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Contest is Now Open

ADULT FICTION CONTEST - TWITTER STYLE!!!

Suzie Townsend of FinePrint Literary Management has graciously agreed to judge an adult fiction contest. (For completed manuscripts only!)

What to enter: A Twitter-style pitch (140 characters or less, including spaces.)

Entries WILL NOT be capped. (Yay!)

Entry period will be 24 hours: From noon Tuesday, July 6 - noon Wednesday, July 7.

These are the genres Ms. Townsend will be judging:


  • Adult Science Fiction
  • Adult Fantasy
  • Adult Urban Fantasy
  • All subgenres of Adult Romance
  • Adult Thriller

To enter this contest:

1. You must have a free QueryTracker membership
2. You must be a follower of the QueryTracker blog (Followers Widget at right)
3. Your submission will be accepted onthe submission form (won't be available until the contest opens)
4. DO NOT EMAIL YOUR SUBMISSION DIRECTLY TO THE AGENT. You will be disqualified if you do.

Helpful links on pitching:

At Elana Johnson's blog
From literary agent Laura Rennert, on building your pitch.
Literary agent Rachelle Gardner reveals secrets of a great pitch.
Literary agent Chris Richman has a word about pitches and what makes them work.

15 comments:

Michelle H. said...

Good luck to all participants! My genre is adult mystery/suspense, so I'll have to sit this one out. But I do hope there's a great turn out of entries.

Angie said...

I'm entered!

stuartaken.net said...

Me too, in Adult Fantasy genre. Not easy, this one.

C. Michelle Jefferies said...

I'm entered, in the adult sci/fi section. Whoot!

Erin Kane Spock said...

This was a challenge. Mention the setting of Elizabethan England and romance and I've used up half my quota. I'm just thankful for the opportunity.

Suzette Saxton said...

I'm glad you've all entered. Best of luck!

Rachelle Christensen said...

Woot! I'm entered and that was definitely tricky. Thanks for the challenge/opportunity.

Silke said...

Yup, entered too. :)
It was kinda fun squishing it all down without uh... losing the plot.

Unknown said...

How hard was that! Regardless of how I place I was glad to be forced to take my work and squish down like that. Great exercise either way!

Anne Gallagher said...

Okay stupid question here, I just got back from vacation and saw this and want to enter, went to the submission form and can't figure out how to do it. I only have an hour, could someone possibly send me what are the obvious directions I can't see. If at all possible. I'll be eternally grateful. email at piedmontwriter@gmail.com

Elana Johnson said...

I just emailed you Anne. I hope it works for you. :)

She Wrote said...

Is the writing world all coming down to Twits and Blogs and Faces and the e-versions? Whatever happened to BOOKS?

Lawna Mackie said...

I agree with the others. What a great exercise this was. I didn't realize it would be so difficult to write one sentence! Thank you.

Victoria Dixon said...

This was fun! Good luck to all. :) (Still in Twitter-mode.)

Melanie Sherman said...

My pencil is dull from tapping it against the "enter" key. What will the results reveal? And when, for that matter? My breath is held. (140)