QueryTracker Blog

Helping Authors Find Literary Agents

Monday, July 12, 2010

Open Call For Guest Posts

Well, it's the dog days of summer. Hopefully you've got your writing caps on, because we'd love to put up some guest posts from you, our loyal readers!

Here's the deal. The QueryTracker blog audience is unagented, unpublished authors. We'd like some guest posts geared toward that audience that we can use this summer. If you think you've got something to say, please consider submitting it to the team. Who knows? You might see your name and picture up here on the blog!

You can click here to go to the submission form (You'll have to have a free QT membership and be logged in to access the form). There, you'll be able to enter your name, your blog address, you email address, and your guest post. You may submit more than one article (and we encourage you to!) but you'll have to fill out the form each time. One of us will contact you for further information, should we decide to use any of your posts.

We hope to see many of you submit and can't wait to read what you have to say!

Photobucket

19 comments:

JE said...

Oh, man...that's sweet, Elana! I'm putting my thinking cap on now!

~JD

Stina said...

Can't wait to read the guest posts!

Tess said...

Seriously? that is a great offer!

Matthew MacNish said...

I'll try to see if I can come up with something. If not at least I'll get to read!

Krista Van Dolzer said...

Great idea, QTers! Thanks!

David Kazzie said...

What is the deadline for submissions? Thanks.

Barbra Annino said...

Do you have to have a blog address?

Elana Johnson said...

RBSHoo, right now there is no deadline for submissions.

Barbra, I suppose a blog address isn't mandatory, but it'd be nice if you had a site or something online for us to link back to if we use your post.

Renae said...

What a great idea! I'll have to see if I can throw together something worthy of this awesome community!

Anne R. Allen said...

Great idea. What about word count?

Patrick said...

Hi Anne,
We don't have any hard limits on word count. Typically, blog posts should be short and concise, since many people just don't like to read too much off screen. For a basic guideline I'd say 300 to 600 words, but were flexible if you need more space.

Carolyn Kaufman | @CMKaufman said...

Hi Anne,

For word count, think 500 - 800 words is ideal. But that's just ideal. If you've got something stellar that's longer or shorter, we'd still love to take a look!

My rule of thumb is that if it's much over 1000 words, it's probably a good idea to break it into 2 posts. (If you want to do that, you could note in the first submission that there's a second that goes with it, and then send them one right after the next!)

Patrick said...

See what I mean? We're not sticklers on word count at all.

Carolyn Kaufman | @CMKaufman said...

Tee hee -- Pat and I were posting at the same time. As you can see, I like things that are a little longer and he likes ones that are a little shorter. Again, we're flexible on length if you have something fantastic!

Carolyn Kaufman | @CMKaufman said...

*high fives Pat*

Shannon O'Donnell said...

What a great invitation, QT hosts! Thanks for the opportunity. :-)

Unknown said...

Terrific idea. I'll be interested to read the posts. Can I submit something I posted a while back on my own blog?

Theresa Milstein said...

Great opportunity! On Monday I wrote and submitted a guest post. When can I expect to hear back? Because if you don't want it, I can always post it on my blog later. Thanks!

Unknown said...

My critique partner and I sent a slew in, some from our own blog and some from guest blogs we did for others. We are not sure if they're what you'd be looking for but we sure as heck had fun posting them. This blog thing is kind of addictive. Thanks for the opportunity.
Charli Mac