QueryTracker Blog

Helping Authors Find Literary Agents

Friday, January 15, 2010

Publishing Pulse 1/15/10

Happy Friday, everyone! I'll start things off with some great news. Back by popular demand, the QT blog will be holding another contest this Monday. Emmanuelle Morgen will be judging romance and urban fantasy (no YA.) Click here for all the details!

The new year brings a new batch of new and updated agents:


On the web:


Have a lovely weekend!


Suzette Saxton writes books for tots, teens, and in-betweens. She is represented by Suzie Townsend of FinePrint Literary.

4 comments:

Ryan S. Kinsgrove said...

Thankee-sai for the wonderful list. You've helped me to put yet another name on my agents to query list, but you've also inadvertently raised a question in my mind. What is the protocol when you want to query two agents at the same agency?

Again I say thanks for the help on my ever growing "to be queried" list.

Suzette Saxton said...

Hey Ryan, thanks for your comment! You have raised a very good question.

It's considered a no-no to query two agents within the same agency simultaneously. Some agencies have a "no from one of us means no from the whole agency" policy. But others allow you to re-query within the same agency after you have received a rejection from one agent. Just be sure to check out each agency's website for their individual policies.

Please let me know if you have further questions. :)

Suzy

Shelby said...

I'm really loving this web site lately. Learning stil tho.

Suzette Saxton said...

So glad you find it useful, Shelby!