Tonight's the night! Our YA contest opens this evening at 9 p.m. Eastern Time (6 p.m. Pacific) so here's everything you need to know:
- Entries will be accepted on a special entry form on QueryTracker.net ONLY. The form will not be visible until the contest opens. This is a link to where the form will be: http://querytracker.net/contest.phpSo bookmark it for easy clicking tonight!
- This contest is for completed Young Adult novels only. (All the genres that fall under the YA umbrella.)
- You must have a QueryTracker.net membership to participate. (It's free!) If you do not have one yet, click here to sign up.
- You will need to submit the following: Your first five pages AND a one-page synopsis. (Only one entry per person will be accepted.)
- Due to the high word count of the materials being submitted, we will be capping the number of entries at 70.
- You will need to CUT AND PASTE YOUR ENTRY into the submission form.
The entry form will not be visible until 9 p.m. Eastern Time (6 p.m. Pacific.) Be sure to submit early, as the slots will fill up quickly. And if you do not make it into this contest, don't feel bad - we have more contests scheduled in the near future!
To see some of the questions and answers about this contest, view the comments in last week's announcement post.
I'd like to shout out a big THANK YOU to Anna Webman of Curtis Brown Ltd. for juding our contest. Anna has graciously agreed to award the grand prize winner with a full submission, and partial submissions for runners-up. I'm lucky to have worked with Anna on a couple of different occasions, and can honestly say anyone who is represented by her is one lucky writer indeed.
Keep an eye on the blog for contest updates. Anna will need a couple of weeks to judge the entries (she'll have a lot of material to read!) Watch for an interview next week with last May's contest winner, Cameron Jacobs. She'll be giving us the scoop about her journey from winning the grand prize in our contest to signing with the agent who judged the contest. Cameron's book is now on submission.
Feel free to ask any questions in the comments of this post, or send me a message, my email address is to the right of this post. Best of luck!