Since our American readers are celebrating Thanksgiving this week, it seems a good time for a moment of gratitude. In fact, there's really no wrong time to be thankful.
Many people consider writing to be a solitary activity. But however true that may be, when you begin a quest for publication, you join a community. And if you're reading this post, then you've found your way to the best writing community I've found.
The fact is, it takes a lot of support to pursue a writing career, from your family, from friends, from beta readers... from whoever motivates you to keep going.
I am grateful to many people:
- My husband and my best friend, the best support system a girl could ask for
- My fellow blog mistresses, also known as The Best Crit Group EVAH
- My amazing agent, Katie Boyle
- Patrick McDonald for conceiving and implementing the fabulous Querytracker.net site
- My sweetly ruthless beta readers
So, what are YOU thankful for?
For those of you celebrating, have a peaceful and happy holiday!