QueryTracker Blog

Helping Authors Find Literary Agents

Friday, April 5, 2013

The Publishing Pulse: April 5th, 2013



This week, New Adult was added to the Querytracker database. It’s currently a work in progress since New Adult has only recently been accepted as a genre. Agents are slowly getting onboard as editors eagerly tell them what they’re looking for. 

If you’re unsure what New Adult is, please read this post. And if you hear of an agent looking for NA and who isn’t on the database, please let Pat know so he can update the list. Thanks!


Around the Internet

Author and film critic Roger Ebert dies at 70 after a long battle with cancer. He will be greatly missed.

How to ethically find images for your author site.

Agent Janet Reid shares three things not to do in a query. And here are four more things to avoid.


Agent Mary Kole talked about putting the cart before the horse in queries.

Agent Kristin Nelson shared her thoughts on indie-agent partners.

Givecustomers what they want? (via agent Rachelle Gardner)

The foolish writer and the wise. Which are you? (via Writer Unboxed)


You’ve signed with an agent, now what? (via author Natalie Whipple)

Have a great weekend!



Stina Lindenblatt @StinaLL writes young adult and new adult novels. In her spare time, she’s a photographer and blogging addict, and can be found hanging out on her blog.  


4 comments:

Sarah Ahiers said...

some great links this week!!

CourtneyC said...

The second Janet Reid link didn't go to "four more things" that I could see...

Brandon Ax said...

As far as posting pictures on my site I decided a few months ago to only put my own stuff up. That way I can be sure I'm good. Besides the cover of my book I just posted everything was either drawn, painted or taken by me. Thanks for the post lots of good stuff in here.

Stina said...

Courtney, I've fixed the problem. Sorry about that.