QueryTracker Blog

Helping Authors Find Literary Agents

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Alert: Firebrand Query Holiday

I think every writer in the world knows about the Firebrand Literary Agency Query Holiday by now. Unless maybe you've been hiding out in a cave somewhere, or taken a break from the Internet (though I don't know how you've survived this long), or maybe just been catching up with real-life family and friends.

Maybe you've submitted your first chapter, maybe you haven't. If not, polish that baby up and submit it. Make sure you read over the rules, then send it in. I know of one talented QT'er who has received a full request from this contest. You've still got fifteen days until the deadline, and this would be a great goal for the new year. It's just one chapter. One bitty chapter. Oh, and then get the rest of your novel in tip top shape for when that full request comes.

Our goal here at the QueryTracker blog is to bring you agency news and contests, and this is the first installment. You can click here to see what Authoress has up her sleeve in January, and we'll post specifics as they are leaked on anything else we hear about.

Subscribe or follow us so you don't miss anything.

4 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

*blushes*

I've never heard of this. So I'm glad you've posted something on it! I'm also new to writing lately... Took a 5 year break after I graduated college. Now I'm trying to get back into the swing of things.

I certainly look forward to Authoress' blog excitement!

Carolyn Kaufman | @CMKaufman said...

I love that you used "Alert" in the title. That rocks.

Corinne said...

Man, I really wish I had a novel in a good enough state. Both of mine are in the heavy editing phase, and while I can clean the first chapters up in that time, the rest of the book will take much longer.

So... I guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope for a repeat next year!

Elana Johnson said...

Lady Glamis, I'm glad you haven't heard of it. You made my day!

Archy - someone has to use "Alert" sometime. I thought this was a good place.

Cory, I totally understand about not having a novel ready. Yanno, I re-read their page...it does say "First Annual Query Holiday" which makes me think they are going to do it on a yearly basis. But don't quote me on that. Good luck with the editing! :)