- Phone calls with literary agents
- Critiques from editors, agents, and authors
- Autographed books GALORE!
You can bid on these and help victims of the Tennessee flooding at the same time. These are some of the people offering prizes:
- Amy Boggs, Associate Agent at Donald Maass Literary Agency
- Agent Suzie Townsend of FinePrint Literary
- Martha Mihalick, associate editor at Greenwillow Books
- Lauren MacLeod, agent at The Strothman Agency
- Waxman Literary agent Holly Root
- Josh Adams, of Adams Literary
- Brian Farrey, the acquisitions editor for Flux
- Agent Mary Kole of Andrea Brown Literary Agency
- and many, many more!
Writers Victoria Schwab, Amanda K. Morgan, and Myra McEntire have put together Do the Write Thing, a publishing auction where ALL the money goes to help those affected by the flood. Media coverage has been pretty scarce, so here's a clip to give you an idea of how extensive the damage is:
Thanks to all who help with this cause. =)
UPDATE: Enough items have been donated that the auction will last for at least ten days! And over $9000 has been raised. Way to go, writing community!