Sadly, I won't have everything done by the deadline, but there is still plenty of new stuff and I am still planning to release everything available on Jan. 1. So, what will be different in QT2? Plenty. Where do I even begin?
- Greatly expanded search tools for searching for agents, including geographic region, and more.
- A system of user-definable "folders" so you can organize agents and queries.
- A Query List page showing all of the agents you have queried, sorted however you want and contained in a tree structure with branches for each manuscript and folder.
- Tracking has been expanded and broken into two categories; query letters and manuscript submissions, so now you can track all phases of your agent quest and view more detailed statistics about each category.
- An agent "Watch" feature which allows you to select agents and be notified if any user adds a comment for that agent or anything about the agent's profile changes.
- Tons of content sensitive help, making it easier to use the system to its fullest potential.
- So many little improvements that I can't even think of them all, but one that has been a big hit with the beta testers is a pop-up status window which displays a quick query status for any query just by moving your mouse over an icon. (Hard to explain, you'll just have to see it to appreciate it.)
- Word-count reports showing each agent's reply history based on the word-count of the manuscript.
- Genre reports showing each agent's reply history based on the genre of the manuscript. (This was previously only available to premium members but in QT2 standard members will have full access to it.)
- Even more detailed search capabilities.
- Additional agent reports.
- Personal statistics showing the statistics or your own queries and submissions, which you can breakdown by manuscript and folder, and view as easy-to-read pie charts.
- The ability to customize reports by selecting your own date ranges so you can view data from any time frame.
- The ability to create your own custom reports based on all the data collected by QT2. You define the criteria and the system will create and display the results for you.
Like I said, I will release the new version Jan. 1, and will continue to add to it after that because there is still so much more I want to do.
Also, note that while creating the new system, I have been very careful to keep the user-interface as similar as possible to that of the old system, so users will not have to relearn a lot of stuff.
The site will likely be unavailable for some time on December 31st while I install the new system. See you then, and I hope you like it.